Re: Problem starting sshd as a service

On Aug  5 10:53, Gernot Hillier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2004 10:38 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> > > For me it was necessary to chown /etc/sshd_* and /var/empty to user
> > > SYSTEM manually in current Cygwin versions so that sshd would start.
> > >
> > > I also didn't need to do that in earlier Cygwin versions.
> >
> > That's what the ssh-host-config script is for.
>
> But even if you start the script, it's necessary to do this manually as I
> wrote above. I saw this on three different installations done from a Cygwin
> Snapshot taken on Thu Jun 24 10:30:01 CEST 2004.
>
> But maybe it's fixed in the meantime...

Have a look into the script, right at the end.  chown is only called
if sshd has been installed as service.  Otherwise the script assumes
that sshd is going to be run from some user account in a console
window.  In that case, chown'ing to system wouldn't make much sense.

Perhaps that's the problem.  People running the script and decide not
to install sshd as service, but change their mind at some later point.

Corinna

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.