Re: Please help with 4NT and cygwin problem?? (WinXP) - 2 attachments

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 02:02:13PM +0000, Daniel Miller wrote:
>Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com> wrote in
>20040804044219.GB14293@trixie.casa.cgf.cx:">news:20040804044219.GB14293@trixie.casa.cgf.cx:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 04:29:41AM +0000, Daniel Miller wrote:
>>>- If I run "ver /r" from the 4NT window, with my current directory on
>>>c: \ (which is my WinXP boot drive), it says:
>>>
>>>4NT 5.00U Windows XP 5.1 4NT Build 125 Windows XP Build 2600 Service
>> Are you sure that you're running the same version of cygcheck in each
>> case?  Your path is different between the 4nt and cmd case (see below).
>>
>> In either event, you don't seem to have a mount table, if you are
>> reporting the total output of cygcheck.exe.  That's certainly a
>> problem.
>>
>> If you aren't reporting everything that cygcheck reports you should
>> perform a cygcheck -rsv in both the failing and working cases and send
>> them here as attachments.
>>
>Okay, I should have included the complete listings in both cases, sorry
>about that!!
>
>It *does* appear that I only have one copy of cygcheck.exe on my disk,
>according to Find.  However, 4NT and CMD.exe *do* run with different
>paths, is it possible that's related to my problems somehow??  Here are
>the complete cygcheck listings, included as attachments (does that really
>work??

If by "work", you mean uuencode the output of two files, include them inline,
and make them tedious to extract, then yes, it worked.

FYI, this isn't a newsgroup, it's a mailing list.  You're accessing the cygwin
mailing list via the Gmane which is an unofficial news gateway to this list.