Python & Win98 crash minimal example (AKA lilypond errors)

Hi all,

I finally found out what was causing the crashes in lilypond: if using
gettext and the opening a pipe, libintl accesses a wrong page somewhere.
However, if one clicks away those errors, lilypond seems to work just
fine...

It only crashes on Windows 98 in my tests.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows 98 box myself, so I have to
reproduce this error in an emulator, which makes debugging painful.

Ciao,
Dscho