Re: Interrupts, bash and .cmd scripts

On Aug 3, 2004, Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com>  wrote:

 |Does it happen from rxvt without the X-server running?

Yes, it does.

 |Starting here is usually the best thing to do:
 |
 |>Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Been there... :-)

 |Following up on some of that advice, did you try googling?  I found
 |this by looking for "Control-C" and "rxvt" in 2004.
 |
 |<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-02/msg01422.html>
 |
 |Looks relevant to me, no?

No, unfortunately not. The issue is not that ^C doesn't do anything, it is
that it does interrupt the script, but it appears to leave what ever the
script ran in the background.  Doing some experimenting, I found the
following to demonstrate the problem:

foo.sh:

	#!/bin/bash

	/cygwin/c/Program\ Files/mozilla.org/Mozilla/mozilla/exe

foo.cmd:

	"c:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe"

When running foo.sh, a ^C will terminate mozilla and return the command
prompt.  When running foo.cmd, ^C will return the command prompt, but leave
mozilla running.

This is easy to deal with in terms of mozilla - I can just go exit mozilla.
But with things like WLS, killing the java processes is a PITA.

Any ideas?  Thanks....

/greg

--
Gregory F. March    |    http://www.gfm.net:443/~march    |    AIM:GfmNet