Hi cygwin g++ question

Hi,

We have some C++ code developed in Visual Studio.

We have a linux redhat 6.2 server co-hosted for us somewhere 100 miles away.

I have previously set up a red hat 6.2 pc and compiled code for the server
on it however it takes an age to copy the code across from windows.
Unfortunately that pc has now been cannibalised and I am looking for a
short cut.

I would be very interested in knowing if I can use cygwin as a way of
recompiling the code for the server without having to install or set up a
redhat linux pc.

I realise that a few header files will have to be changed but is it
possible to use cygwin and does it come with g++ that will compile for
redhat 6.2?

I would have posted this to the newsgroup but for some reason the mailing
list thinks my  IE 5.X browser is a spam bot.

Regards

James Whinney