Receiving error "internal error: alloc: freeing memory outside of block (corrupted?)" running script in pdksh

Hello all

I am running a script from bash but the first line is "#!/usr/bin/ksh"

/usr/bin/ksh is linked, as per pdksh setup installation

$ ls -l /usr/bin/*ksh.*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 wardmm   Domain U        9 Aug  4 10:01 /usr/bin/ksh.exe ->
pdksh.exe*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 wardmm   Users      179200 Nov 25  2003 /usr/bin/pdksh.exe*

I even tried downloading the source for pdksh from Cygwin and compiling it
locally but I got the same error message.

The script that fails sources another script which loads a whole bunch of
functions.

The error happens when I call a function from a certain script, I get this
error. However, if I call it from a smaller script (specially written to
just call this function) it works.

I did a Google on the error message and it seems there's some discussion
around the place about shell bugs with memory allocation. But I don't really
understand it :(

Has anyone encountered this error on Cygwin?
Does anyone have a hint how I could "jiggle" things to avoid the error. That
is, why does one of my scripts work ok? I'm happy to side-step the problem
:)

Thanks
~ Michael
 <<cygcheck.out>>