Re: Please help with 4NT and cygwin problem?? (WinXP)

Daniel Miller wrote:

CyberZombie <Cyber.Zombie@comcast.net> wrote in
410FF67A.2060108@comcast.net:">news:410FF67A.2060108@comcast.net:

OT: Any reason why you haven't moved to the Cygwin bash shell? IMO, it's much better than 4NT (my prior command-line-of-choice prior to Cygwin)...

No, I find 4NT to be more flexible than BASH... filename completion is handier, especially when multiple filenames match what you type; editing
of environment variables (especially PATH) with eset is unmatched by Bash, and there are some other handy things in 4NT as well, which are lacked by Bash. I do alot of work with Bash on my job, under Linux, and I often rue the absence of 4NT there...

... of course, that's when it works...

Dan

For filename completion, the following might help
.inputrc:
set completion-ignore-case on
set bell-style none