Re: Anyone having problem with 'man' permissions?

At 08:59 AM 8/3/2004, you wrote:

>I made a post recently describing a Windows permissions issue I'm
>having with 'man'. (Thread: "man.conf permissions problem" posted
>7/31).
>
>I seem to be being ignored. :(
>
>Is anyone else HAVING, or HAS anyone else HAD, the same/similar
>problem with 'man' recently or at some time in the past?
>
>And if so, could/would you tell me what you finally determined the
>problem was and what the solution/resolution was? (if any)
>
>Thanks.
>
>I'd like to know that I'm not alone with this.
>
>(or if I am what the heck I can do to try and figure for myself what
>the heck is going on?)

I find no evidence in the list archives or my local mailbox that a
message with the subject you mentioned was sent.  It may have gotten lost
or rejected somewhere in transit for reasons I won't guess at.  However,
I will guess that this is the reason you've heard nothing in response to
your original inquiry, though you should keep in mind that no one is
obligated to respond to your posts even if they do make it to the list.
Typically, someone does respond though, unless your issue really isn't
shared by or of interest to anyone else at some level.  That's pretty
rare.  But it can happen.

I'm not sure what's causing you the problems you're seeing.  I'd recommend
a search of the email archives for related issues.  This should help you
answer whether others have seen the problem you're seeing.  If you can't
find a resolution with the help of the email archives, please review the
posting guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/lists.html>.  This will help you
formulate a message that will give others on this list some information
on which to base some advice to you.

HTH,

Holliston, MA 01746