Re: how to check what cygwin packages are installed on the system ?

Hi!

Am Dienstag, 3. August 2004 15:46 schrieb Christopher Faylor:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 11:19:55AM +0200, Gernot Hillier wrote:
> >>
> >>cygcheck -c
> >
> >You can also have a look in /etc/setup.
>
> And you would do that rather than use the tool designed for providing
> the information, because...?

... I like to understand roughly how things work (w/o always having to read
the sources).

... I possibly want to remove the tool.

... I want to double-check the output of the tool when it produces
inconsistent output or crashes.

(... I didn't read the documentation about that) ;-)

--> This was just thought as some sort of background information hint about
where this information is actually stored. Especially because it's stored
human-readable.

--
Bye,

Gernot Hillier