Re: mapping root directory to SystemDrive / CurrentDrive

Hi Corinna!

Thx for your quick reply!

Am Dienstag, 3. August 2004 12:51 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> > And anyway, I assume that it is a bug that both system calls behave
> > different, right?
>
> That's a result of using NtCreateFile instead of CreateFile.  Native NT
> calls behave slightly different than Win32 calls.  However, as you said,
> you're relying on undocumented behaviour.

Ok, so there's no easy way to switch to the old behaviour. Bad for us, but
well - our problem... :-(

But still there's one open question for me: are there plans to change the
behaviour of stat(), too?

Because I think it's not good when in such a situation open("/a/b") refers to
another file than stat("/a/b").

I can imagine quite some problems caused in Linux programs by such behaviour
of the system...

> I'm sorry but we won't revert to Win32 calls just to keep an undocumented
> behaviour running.

Hmmm, is there any other way how one can use two different Cygwin
installations in parallel beside using no mounts?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Gernot Hillier
CT SE 2