Re: cygserver - Postgres Multiple connection Load Testing - Inifinte Loop

On Jul 30 14:32, sarbx-cygwin6344@mailblocks.com wrote:
> >On Jul 28 20:19, sarbx-cygwin6344@mailblocks.com wrote:
> >>$ postgres --version
> >>postgres (PostgreSQL) 7.4.3
> >>
> >>$ uname -a
> >>CYGWIN_NT-5.0 sbellan-nb 1.5.10(0.116/4/2) 2004-05-25 22:07 i686
> >>unknown unknown
> >>Cygwin
> >>
> >>While doing Load testing using DOTS, after 5 to 6 connections the
> >>machine starts to slow down and
> >>cygserver seems to hog most of the CPU. After running the cygserve
> in
> >>debug mode , I see the following
> >>in the log file repeating infinitely.
> >>[...]
> >
> >Just to be sure, are you talking about 5 or 6 *concurrent* connections?
> >That might be important.  I'm not exactly sure so far but there might
> >be a race condition in my mutex code.
> >
> >Corinna
>
> Yes, I'm talking about 5 or 6 *concurrent* connections.

Ok, that's what I'd suspected.  I have patched Cygserver and I'd like to
get some feedback on whether this solves the problem or not.  Would you
please try the latest developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
and report if that version of Cygserver still eats up CPU time under the
above circumstances?

Corinna

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.