Re: DLLs and LoadLibrary

Vadim Berezniker wrote:

Jani tiainen wrote:

Vadim Berezniker wrote:

I followed the FAQ and the various mailing list messages and was able to build a dll that I can load with LoadLibrary.
The code inside the DLL makes calls to code in other libraries and for the most part this is okay.
When I make calls to one library, everything is OK. As soon as I uncomment one line which is simply a call to a function in another library, the resulting DLL cannot be loaded with LoadLibrary.

There is various reasons why loading fails. If you get NULL from LoadLibrary call, use GetLastError to retrieve real reason for error.

BTW, where are you calling those LoadLibrary calls? It's unsafe (and not really recommended) to call them in DllMain.

LoadLibrary never returns. An exception occurs within LoadLibrary. However if I comment that one line, it loads the library just fine.
I'm not calling LoadLibrary from a DLL.

You load DLL with LoadLibrary in your app, if you any calls to functions in that library your app crashes in LoadLibrary call?

Further example could do really good, these are wild guesses. And how this relates to Cygwin?

--

Jani Tiainen