RE: cat /proc/registry/HKEY_PERFOMANCE_DATA/@ hangs

> However, the fix is not as simple as inserting a "size =
> bufalloc;" just before the RegQueryValueEx.  When I do that,
> I get a SIGSEGV in the guts of iasperf.dll, which I have yet
> to track down.  This happens on the second iteration, FWIW,
> with buffer increment of 1000.  I'm going to investigate some
> more, but I'd say that with the above bug, this key was never
> tested, so I have no idea what's going on.  Hopefully Chris
> (January) can use this to help him track down the problem.

I'm back from my honeymoon (!) and I've just been catching up on this
thread. Are you still seeing the segfault Igor? If so I'll try to track
it down if I have any spare time.

As you can probably tell I never tested the HKEY_PERFORMANCE_DATA key.
Increasing the buffer size in increments is of course boilerplate code
but I managed to cod it up regardless. Sigh.

Chris January