RE: ncurses not found when compiling various packages

  Dunno, but I have some generic autoconf advice:  Take a look at the
config.log file generated by configure.  It'll contain output from the
attempt to test curses that should show what the test tried to do and why it
failed; then you'll have a clearer idea what's up.

> and how can I point the configure script to my
> "ncurses" dlls? Any environment variable or something like that?

...always assuming that is the problem, of course.  And the answer is, we'll
have to look at config.log to see why the configure script isn't already
finding your ncurses install before we can figure out how to point it at the
relevant files...

    cheers,
      DaveK