Does Cygwin can run sql queries to MS SQL server ?

Hello everybody,

about Cygwin & MS SQL :

if a database runs on a MS SQL server,
and that I want to run queries from a Win Workstation with Cygwin,
do you thing it's possible ?
I'm afraid it can't be done...

 Win Workstation			  W2K Server
  with Cywin        -------->    MS SQL 2000

$ telnet W2K_Server 1433
Trying 10.165.xx.xxx...
Connected to 10.165.xx.xxx2.
Escape character is '^]'.
==> The network connexion seems to be OK

But the command "psql -h W2K_Server -p 1433 -l" returns
"psql: could not receive server response to SSL negotiation packet: Connection reset by peer"

Is there no way to use ODBC (or equivalent) to pass SQL queries througt the net via Cygwin to a SQl Server ?

Thanks,
Frederic