Default Vim Usability & Behavior

I've always had !@#$@#$ problems when using vi/vim within Cygwin, until
I recently (got off my lazy butt;-) copied over my /etc/vim/vimrc file
over to the Cygwin box.

The issues I would have with Cygwin's default install of vim would be
that the cursor and delete keys would fail to work properly.

Is there a way to review & import other distro's default vimrc file into
the Cygwin Distro?

On a side, note, I usually do also port over my .bashrc file which gives
me color folders and prompt enhancements.  I find using a color term
(which provides color for folders) makes the working in the term more
usable.

I think a small enhancement to the default bashrc (to atleast provide
color for folders) and fixing the default vimrc file to enable proper
cursor/delete keys -- along with color within vim -- definitely makes
Cygwin much much much easier & useful!!!  This probably should be at the
top of the list of things to fix by now.

--

Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html