Re: /bin/rm lots of files

I suspect this is a command-line too long problem, but I can't say for sure since you didn't really provide any details. If I'm correct, then you cannot change the limit easily. You should either delete the files in smaller lists, or if you are trying to delete all files in a directory you can do:
rm -r path/to/files

or

find path/to/files | xargs rm

or something like that.

Lester Ingber wrote:
I couldn't find what I thought I recalled as a similar posting.
In my Makefile I have a command to remove a directory of files.
I get a complaint that there are too many files to remove (about 1000).
How do I change the default for increasing the number of listed/open files?

Thanks.

Lester