Re: TGS OpenInventor for PC Windows and Cygwin

At 04:55 PM 5/3/2004, you wrote:
>Has anybody successfully utilized OpenInventor for Windows in a Cygwin
>environment?  I'm trying to build an application I was running in Linux
>using the Linux version (2.1.5) of OpenInventor but I'm having a hard time
>linking the libraries that TGS distributes.

Cygwin can't use Linux libraries or binaries any more than Windows can so
if you're really trying to link against the Linux version of OpenInventor,
this won't work.

>I have a feeling they work with
>Visual C++ and their object format.  Can the g++ linker in Cygwin work with
>Visual C++ object libraries?  Please let me know.

Generally yes, though I haven't tried OpenInventor specifically myself.

Holliston, MA 01746