Re: gcc-3.3.1-3 popup error persists.

At 10:02 PM 4/5/2004, you wrote:
>this is getting on my nerves a little...
>
>The error that I'm getting through gcc-3.3.1.3 is persisting, and shows no signs of
>going away. Its a popup error:
>
>-----
>----
>gcc.exe - Application Error
>----
>
>The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click OK to terminate
>the application.
>-----

You may want to update your '/etc/passwd' and '/etc/group' files by running 'mkpasswd -l -d >/etc/passwd' and 'mkgroup -l -d >/etc/group'.  It's not
clear that your current files should be causing you any problem but this
should eliminate any possibility.

You do realize you have multiple versions of these tools in your current
path right?  Perhaps thinning this out to include just the version of the
tools you want would be helpful in pinning things down.

The 'gcc' maintainer reads this list so it's safe to say that your posting
will be seen.  He may have some more insightful suggestions for you.

Holliston, MA 01746