Re: 1.5.7: Problems with german umlauts in bash/rxvt command line

Hi,

this was a very helpful hint. Not only I've learned how to manipulate
the values interactively now I know the reason:

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 02:14:46PM +0100, Morche Matthias wrote:
> Just to be sure, type the following command:
> bind -v :
> $ bind -v
> set blink-matching-paren on
> set byte-oriented on
> set completion-ignore-case off
> set convert-meta off
> set disable-completion off
> set enable-keypad off
> set expand-tilde off
> set history-preserve-point off
> set horizontal-scroll-mode off
> set input-meta off
> set mark-directories on
> set mark-modified-lines off
> set mark-symlinked-directories off
> set match-hidden-files on
> set meta-flag off
> set output-meta on

This was set to 'off' here though it is turned on in the .inputrc. I
don't know why .inputrc doesn't work but this is another issue. I've
turned it on in .bashrc using the syntax documented below and  äöü and
? are shown fine on the commandline.

> That's my settings... and it works from whitin console and PuTTY.
> By the way, You can set the variables without using .inputrc eg. by
> bind 'set meta-flag on'

Gruss Olaf Föllinger

--
Olaf Föllinger