BUG? with Find when traversing a link or mount alias

If I do $ find /usr -iname "something", after a bit of chewing on it I get
" find: ./.. changed during execution of find" and the command terminates.

My SWAG on this is that the find traverses one of several places where a mount point like ''mount -f -s -b "F:/Cygwin/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts" "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts"'' then finds that the "parent" of the current directory is not where it came from , and it is unable to pop its way back up the tree.

I rather doubt this is the Posix behavior.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.