Backticks hang with dynamic antivirus scanning

I recently upgraded cygwin to the latest version and now I'm having
Command's dynamic antivirus protection conflict with Cygwin so that it
hangs whenever it encounters backticks in a shell script (e.g.
/etc/profile).  Configuring the antivirus to ignore c:\cygwin had no
effect.  If I disable dynamic virus protection, all is well.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Has anything changed in how backticks
are handled that might cause it to conflict with antivirus software?
Just trying to get a handle on this to submit a bug report to Command
Software.  (Though I'm not holding my breath that they'll offer a
solution other than to avoid cygwin.)

Thanks,

Marco Moreno