Re: [Fwd: Bug: Perl:IsWinNT undefined & RFE, only use "/" in reg values, not names..?]

Tried this...some scripts ran. One that didn't wanted lanman.pm located in
Win32::lanman.

Queerly enough, doing a "i" /lanman" comes up zip even though it is in CPAN at
/CPAN/sources/authors/id/J/JH/JHELBERG/lanman.1.0.10.0.zip.

Obviously I'm still a bit too new for this stuff, get, make and install don't work and
say it isn't found. I can see the module if I lookup by author, but doesn't
seem to like installing it via pathname or substituting backslashes or colons...even got
dumped out of cpan a few times:

Scanning cache /share/CPAN/build-win for sizes
C:\bin\perl.exe (1892): *** unable to remap C:\lib\perl5\5.8.2\cygwin-thread-mul
ti-64int\auto\Cwd\Cwd.dll to same address as parent(0xC00000) != 0x1110000
8 [main] perl 1436 sync_with_child: child 1892(0x6C0) died before initiali
zation with status code 0x1
14290 [main] perl 1436 sync_with_child: *** child state child loading dlls

How would one normally go about installing lanman.pm without manually unpacking
the zip and putting it someplace (which I'm just randomly guessing wouldn't work for
some other reason -- like the lanman dll not being installed in the right place.

Do all the win32 libraries have to have a special port to work on cygwin even though
cygwin was supposed to aid in allowing posix type apps (like perl) to run under
win either from the bash or cjmd.exe shell?

Definitely the win32 lib is a step in the right direction...but why does cygwin need
a special version?

Thanks for the help... -linda

Rafael Kitover wrote:

Please try installing perl-libwin32 package, and set:

export PERL5OPT="-MWin32"

in your environment.

HTH

-- In the marketplace of "Real goods", capitalism is limited by safety regulations, consumer protection laws, and product liability. In the computer industry, what protects the consumer?