stabilizing cygwin emacs, was: emacs Fatal error 11

"Etienne Huot" Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:05:22 +0100
> I have tried the latest snapshot 20040217, it worked for several
> hours, but now it crashes almost every 2 minutes. I'm gonna switch
> to 20040216 to see what happens.

Well, so far I've had no crashes with 20040217, but obviously I
haven't been running it very long. Something you might want to
consider (I haven't done it, and YMMV) is rebasing:

Thomas L Roche Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:09:47 -0500

Al Williams 13 Feb 2004 13:18:32 -0800
>>> I was having this problem. Rebasing the Cygwin DLLs seems to have
>>> cleared it up. Install rebase using setup and then exit all Cygwin
>>> stuff (including httpd, etc.). Then open a plain shell (not an
>>> xterm) and enter:

>>> rebaseall -v

Al Williams 16 Feb 2004 17:24:41 -0800