Re: 2004-Feb-17 snapshot change ssh option parsing behavior

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb 17 12:58, David Rothenberger wrote:
We're using the latest plain BSD getopt() now.  It's permuting the
options by default.  This was switched off by default in Cygwin so far.

Typically you should quote the command you send to the remote host:

ssh somehost '/bin/bash --login -c date'

Yeah, that's an easy fix for this simple case, but I have a bunch of other scripts that have quotes in the command sent to ssh, which makes adding another level of quotes "fun."

Another way to accomplish what you want is to set the environment
variable POSIXLY_CORRECT prior to calling ssh.

That's helpful. Thanks.

This change broke a number of my scripts. I wonder how many other similar error reports will be made by other users when 1.5.8 is released?

Dave