Re: CVS server install on Cygwin with SSH Authentification on Windows XP Pro : author still the same

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Flo wrote:

> >Please configure your mailer to not quote raw e-mail addresses in your
> >replies.  Let's not make the spam harvesters' life any easier.
>
> I'm sorry for that but i still searcging for this config in Microsoft
> Outlook (2002)...:)

Then you'll just have to edit them out by hand, like I do...

> >Yes, I think since you logged in via ssh as Administrateur, your CVS
> >entries will show up as made by Adminstrateur.  CVS (and ssh) can't
> >read your mind.  PTC. ];->
>
> Can you explain the CVS entries ? I there any file(s) to open to see
> entries ?

I meant the CVS log entries, i.e., who made what change.  If the remote
machine thinks you're Administrateur, that's the userid that will appear
in the CVS log.

> >Also, I think your using plink.exe as your connection client may have
> >something to do with this.  Try setting CVS_RSH=ssh.exe and see if it
> >makes the entries correct.
>
> Y set on my client PC the CVS_RSH= C:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe
> But from my IDE or WINCVS i get the same error message : cvs [checkout
> aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any).

Did you try to check out using Cygwin cvs from the command line?  You
might want to search the archives for "wincvs" -- there were some problems
reported with it, IIRC.

Also, did you set ssh for passwordless access?  There's probably no easy
way to enter the ssh password in your IDE...
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu