Re: zsh-4.1.1-2 still seems broken under cygwin-1.5.7-1 .

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:06:15AM -0800, Peter A. Castro wrote:
> >Thanks, Larry, but I've already confirmed the latest snapshot (20040206)
> >fixes the problem.
>
> Did you report the fact that the problem was fixed?  I don't see it in
> the archives.

Yes, I had, but I have found that, for reasons I can't determine, on some
rare occassions, email I send to the cygwin list fail to actually reach
the list.  Since I often experience a delay in receiving cygwin mail (and
other non-cygwin email, btw), I simply expected it to appear sometime
later, and forgot about it.  Yes, I have confirmed, via my mail logs,
that cygwin's mail host was actually contacted and recieved the mail with
an OK status, yet they never seem to be pushed through the list.  This is
a rare condition, and I know of only 2 cases of this have occurred (that
I've tracked).  I had though that, perhaps, in a fit of displeasure with
my email contents of past, you'd setup a filter specifically to block
certain emails from me, but I suppose that's just paranoid delusion on my
part :)

So, just to set the record straight, yes, I have tested snapshot
(20040206) and found it to have fixed the zsh "hang" condition previously
reported against zsh-4.1.1 with cygwin-1.5.6 and cygwin-1.5.7.

And, I will be looking for this email to be echoed. :)

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>