Re: How to install *normal* WordNet after installing CygWin

At 01:03 PM 2/11/2004, Lance Ramshaw you wrote:
>I downloaded WordNet-2.0.exe from Princeton to install WordNet in its normal
>Windows mode on a new XP machine.  However, I had installed Cygwin first,
>and since WordNet2.0 is now also available within Cygwin, the normal
>installation process seems to somehow trigger Cygwin's installer, and
>neither version gets successfully installed.
>
>Is there a way to disable Cygwin's installer enough to allow WordNet for
>Windows to install normally?

Sounds like a question for the folks at Princeton.  Our recommendation to
all third parties integrating Cygwin is to install their application and
then point to or invoke setup.exe from the Cygwin site for the Cygwin piece.
That will keep existing Cygwin installations from breaking as well as
subsequent.  It's quite possible that you now have two cygwin1.dlls on your
system which is a recipe for disaster.  There's also a hundred other things
that could be wrong but you'll need the Princeton folks to help you track
down what those could be.

Holliston, MA 01746