RE: Text entry to command line program

> > > [...]
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > No, that's an interactive command line, it's not a setting of
> > > the CYGWIN
> > > variable (i.e. it's not CYGWIN="notty sqlplus"). The above
> > > actually launches
> > > sqlplus, setting the CYGWIN variable to "notty" for its process.
> > >
> > > SLao
> > >
> > Unfortunately, this does not work.  I had previously tried
> setting CYGWIN
> > within a shell to no avail.  I found it must be set from dos before
> > launching bash or ksh.
> >
> > Ross
>
> You could use something like 'CYGWIN="notty" cygstart --
> sqlplus', which
> should open sqlplus in a new window...
> 	Igor
> --

Hmmmmmm.... Seems cygstart runs the application ok even without modifying
the CYGWIN variable.  This holds true for two other applications I was
having trouble with.  I had been using the native M$ telnet and ftp before I
set CYGWIN=tty for sshd.  These two display bizarre behavior with tty set.
Telnet just quits and returns to a command prompt and ftp doesn't echo
typing.  I got around this by installing the cygwin versions.  Cygstart runs
them ok as well without unsetting or changing CYGWIN.

Ross