Re: Re: terminal size problems

Thanks for the response Igor!

>> Hi, when my cygwin terminals are sized to something other than 24 rows
> I'm assuming you're talking about the command windows running bash.

It happens whether running a command window with bash or running an xterm;
the fact that it happens in and out of xfree made me wonder if it was a
cygwin issue.

>> they don't work correctly with apps like vim/mutt/less when I connect to
>> a remote unix system; these apps behave like they think the terminal
>> has 24 rows.  It doesn't matter whether I use the bash shell or an xterm,
> Huh?

If I open a 32-row xterm and rlogin into a unix machine, then run vim or
mutt or less, these apps think the bottom of the screen is at row 24 ...
they don't use the rows beyond that.

> FWIW, I'm not seeing any problems running vi on a RedHat 9.0 machine via
> ssh from a Win2k cmd window sized 120x40.

I'm using WinXP-pro; I get the problem when I rlogin into RedHat 7.2
or SunOS 5.8 machines.  It doesn't matter if I use an xterm, rxvt, or cmd
window.

Thanks again,

-Harold