RE: Reinstalling Cygwin

  Yep.  That is indeed the persistent state I was referring to.  When you
run the cygwin setup package, it asks you to select a "Local package
directory", in the step just after choosing where you want cygwin installed.
That's the place where it's keeping the details of your previous
installation.  Nuke it and start over.

  For more info about the setup utility, see
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html

    cheers,
      DaveK