Re: problem with mkgroup -d DOMAIN

On Jan 21 12:24, Stefan Zachow wrote:
> Dear cygwin experts,
>
> I encountered some problems with the mkgroup command during
> my trial to get cygwin running on a Windows 2003 server machine
> (Topic: running the latest cygwin on a windows 2003 server)
>
> The domain controller is a Linux system running Samba for file
> system sharing.
>
> The 'mkpasswd -d DOMAIN' command works fine and I did
> append this information to /etc/passwd
>
> The 'mkgroup -d DOMAIN' command, however, failed for
> some reason I don't know, yet. The output is:
>
> LookupAccountName (\\Host, Domain Admins) failed with error 1332
> LookupAccountName (\\Host, Domain Users) failed with error 1332

I heard about that problem once already and it seems to happen only
with Samba domain controllers.  The LookupAccountName system call
gets no information but an error message.  1332 means

  No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

So the Samba server returns a list of group names but a LookupAccountName
to get the SID fails.

> For the entire cygwin tree the user of the files is administrator
> and the group is mkgroup (!?). Even with chgrp I am not able
> to temporarily change the group to 'Users' for example.
>
> Actually, even after reading the user's guide I have some problems
> on understanding the grouping scheme. Why do I have the following
> entry in my /etc/group?
>
> mkgroup-1-d:S-1-5-32-545:10545

The mkgroup name means, mkgroup wasn't able to create the list of
groups appropriately.

Sorry, no solution yet.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.