Re: g++ command, missing packages?

Cygwin List <cygwin@cygwin.com> skriver:
>At 11:07 AM 1/12/2004, Angelika Olsson you wrote:
>>Hello.
>>I'm kind of a newbie at c++ and cygwin. I've just installed cygwin on my
>>pc, including all the g++ packages. I try to compile with the simple
>>command:
>>
>>g++ -c Test.cpp
>>
>>but all I get is the depressing reply:
>>
>>bash: g++: command not found
>>
>>Have I forgotten something?
>

>Yes.  See the link for problem reports below.
>

>>Do I need something extra?
>

>Probably, though if you had attached the output of cygcheck, I could
>be more certain.  But my WAG is that you didn't install the g++ package.

Would love to, how do I get the output from cygcheck. What is it?

>>Am I not using the
>>right command?
>

>No, you are using the correct command.  You just haven't installed it or
>Cygwin can't find it for some reason.

As far as I can see I have downloaded and installed these packages

gcc:
gcc-ada
gcc-core
gcc-g77
gcc-g++
gcc-gpc
gcc-java

gcc-mingw:
gcc-mingw-ada
gcc-mingw-core
gcc-mingw-g77
gcc-mingw-g++
gcc-mingw-gpc
gcc-mingw-java

what else do I need? Any system/env. variables need to set?

Thanks,
Angelika