This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 'man' shows escape sequences after updating to docbook_xsl 1.64.1-1
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:18:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: 'man' shows escape sequences after updating to docbook_xsl 1.64.1-1
- References: <3FE88C36.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 01:48 PM 12/29/2003, Thorsten Kampe you wrote:
>* Lynn Wilson (2003-12-23 19:40 +0100)
>> It seems that a few months ago the man pages were showing the ESC[1m etc. escape
>> sequences in a bash shell. The problem was quickly fixed.
>> I downloaded docbook_xsl 1.64.1-1 yesterday and the problem is back. I also
>> downloaded a few X-modules. One of these modules caused the 'man' problem to
>Same with me. Anyone with a solution (because every man page is
>unreadable). I haven't installed any "X modules".
Does that mean that you updated to docbook_xsl 1.64.1-1 as well or did
you intend to imply that there were no overlaps between the packages you
installed/updated and Lynn's?
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html