This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question about ash and getopts
- From: seebs at plethora dot net (Peter Seebach)
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:20:54 -0600
- Subject: Re: Question about ash and getopts
- Reply-to: seebs at plethora dot net (Peter Seebach)
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Larry Hall writes:
>If you're curious, I suggest you run some timings on ash with and without
>getopts enabled using a few configure scripts from some of Cygwin's
>packages, large and small. It was the slowness of configure scripts
>that prompted the streamlining of Cygwin's ash. If you can provide
>data that suggests that there isn't a performance penalty for these
>scripts with getopts on, then a patch to turn it back on may be considered.
Did anyone perform an actual test showing that the getopts code was making
a difference, or was it just a general desire to trim everything in sight?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html