This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Two mutt issues
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 15:51:05 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: RE: Two mutt issues
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKMEGNEOAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > I have two problems using mutt on cygwin:
> > 1. I've used this mailcap file:
> > application/*; cygstart %s
> > image/*; cygstart %s
> > text/*; cygstart %s
> > video/*; cygstart %s
> > But it doesn't seem to work, when I try to open a Word attachment it says
> > it's corrupted. When I save it and open it from the explorer it looks OK.
> I'd bet this one is a text/binary issue, but I've not looked into it.
> My guess would be that the text/binary logic that I added for saving is
> being bypassed somehow during save-to-temp-then-viewing.
'cygstart' should use the file extension association in Windows to view
the file... Does mutt save temp files with proper extensions?
To the OP: try copying the temp file and renaming it to the proper
extension, and then run cygstart on it. Also try mounting /tmp in binary
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html