This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libpcap in cygwin
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 00:34:01 -0800
- Subject: Re: libpcap in cygwin
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <Sea1-F112GYMMh8yyU600037841@hotmail.com>
S N A K E wrote:
> hello everbody ,
> i had problem in cygwim i was try to install libpcap-0.8.1
> but i have this message
For windows, the libpcap API is provided by WinPCap. You will have zero
success trying to compile the libpcap from unix, the two systems are
just not the same under the hood. However, once you've installed
WinPCap (which includes the actual low-level driver, the DLLs, the
headers, and the import libs) all of your regular libpcap-speaking unix
apps will typically compile without too much fuss. It provides the same
standard libpcap interface.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html