Re: How to make Cygwin map backspace to ASCII DEL?

Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> "man stty"

I'm well aware of the stty program.  I was going to add "please,
don't suggest stty" to my original mail, but thought it might be
somewhat impolite.

If you are trying to imply that 'stty erase $(tput kbs)' (where
tput kbs outputs ASCII DEL) would do what I want, you must have
misread the question.  It doesn't and I think it shouldn't.  Or is
there some Cygwin specific extension in the stty program that does
what I want?  I don't see anything in stty(1).

--
Hannu