This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Forks/spawn test using ~latest~ CVS source 20031217 10:00AM (GMT+1)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:09:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: Forks/spawn test using ~latest~ CVS source 20031217 10:00AM (GMT+1)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 12:04:02AM +0100, Philippe Torche wrote:
>I've tested the CVS source 20031217 10:00AM (GMT+1) to see if fork/spawn
>works on Multi CPU (4 Xeon) with Windows 2003 Server (see old message
>about it in the mailing list). Unfortunatly It doesn't !
>Below a test script, use it by running run_t.sh. After some time (< 1
>minute) one or more of the 5 sub-shell stop. This batch works perfectly
>using a single P4 cpu on Windows XP !
I don't know how many people out there have Multi CPU Xeons, but I
suspect there aren't many. This works fine in my single CPU system,
as you note.
>Thanks in advance, Philippe.
>PS 1 : 4-5th attempt to send a mail to email@example.com using three
>different mail account, gmane newgroup ! Anti-spam ? :(
Yes. ZIP file attachments.
>PS 2 : Vital for me that this works before end of the month !
Sorry, but why would your urgency have any bearing on a community,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html