This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to make Cygwin map backspace to ASCII DEL?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Hannu Koivisto <azure at iki dot fi>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:19:17 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: How to make Cygwin map backspace to ASCII DEL?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Hannu Koivisto wrote:
> I just upgraded all Cygwin packages to their latest versions.
> Although I don't use Cygwin a lot, I'm fairly sure that I would
> have noticed if backspace in an ordinary Windows console window had
> ended up as ^H to a Cygwin application (zsh in this case) running
> in that console window, which is what happens now.
> Anyway, whatever the old behaviour was, I want backspace to
> generate ASCII DEL (^?) and not ^H --- how can I make Cygwin do
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html