This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Really big files?
- From: Greg Freemyer <freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:05:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: Really big files?
- References: <200312162141.hBGLfwrI018570@p-chan.cognex.com>
- Reply-to: freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup dot com
On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 16:41, Don Koch wrote:
> Greg Freemyer said:
> > I just tried to dd the first 163 GB of a raw drive to a image file.
> > It failed at about 145 GB. Should it work?
> > I had plenty of free space.
> Another possibility is addressed at:
> (Something justed gleaned off of the samba list.)
That appears to be related to "open file handling" in ntbackup.
I don't think it would be relevant.
I'm doing a pretty dumb dd command, Not a intellegent "Open File Backup"
type of thing.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html