This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Update: lftp 2.6.10-1
- From: Mark Blackburn <marklist at fangorn dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:29:46 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Update: lftp 2.6.10-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I have updated the lftp package to 2.6.10-1.
A command line file transfer program. It supports ftp, ftps, http, https,
hftp, fish and file protocols. It also supports tab-completion, command
histories and more.
-Update to newer upstream version (2.6.10)
-Add fix to allow DOS text files to be used as scripts
Here's the author's list of changes for version 2.6.10 and 2.6.9:
Version 2.6.10 - 2003-12-11
Some bugs fixed.
* security fixes in html parsing code.
* fxp between ftps session is now possible (unencrypted yet).
* fixed a rare bug with access to freed memory in ftp.
* fixed a bug in mirror, now it does not incorrectly append directory name
when target directory is the root.
* fixed compilation on AIX.
* Polish translation updated.
Version 2.6.9 - 2003-11-19
Some bugs fixed, some new features added.
* new setting ftp:ssl-protect-list for encrypting file listings selectively.
* don't use PRET again if it is not supported.
* added cls --sort=time option (alias for sort=date).
* don't set file modification time if it grew while downloading.
* new setting cmd:verify-path-cached.
* added long options for `open' command.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system. Then,
run setup and answer all of the questions.
To install lftp for the first time, choose "lftp" from the packages list,
in the "Net" category. If you already have lftp installed, the update will
Remember that some mirror sites may not have updated before this
announcement is made. If your usual mirror does not have the latest version
of this package, please be patient or select an alternate mirror.
If you have general questions or comments, please send them to
<email@example.com>. I would appreciate it if you would use this address
rather than emailing me directly.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html