This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ADMINISTRIVIA] New mailing list feature to force Reply-To
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:25:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ADMINISTRIVIA] New mailing list feature to force Reply-To
- References: <20031216011115.GA30769@redhat.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 08:11:15PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I've made good my threat and implemented a new feature exclusively for
>the cygwin mailing list.
>If you send email to "firstname.lastname@example.org", then
>the mailing list software should set the reply-to to the same value
>as your from address whenever you send email to the cygwin mailing list.
>I've also added an X-IsSubscribed field to the header of any message
>that comes from an address that is recognized as being subscribed. You
>can use this to determine whether to cc someone or just send email to
>All of this is pretty experimental. I'll be monitoring the mailing
>lists closely to make sure that I haven't screwed anything up.
Oh well. I obviously screwed up. The spam is coming in and the subscribe
option doesn't work. I sent the email above prematurely.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html