This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ADMINISTRIVIA] New mailing list feature to force Reply-To
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:11:15 -0500
- Subject: [ADMINISTRIVIA] New mailing list feature to force Reply-To
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made good my threat and implemented a new feature exclusively for
the cygwin mailing list.
If you send email to "firstname.lastname@example.org", then
the mailing list software should set the reply-to to the same value
as your from address whenever you send email to the cygwin mailing list.
I've also added an X-IsSubscribed field to the header of any message
that comes from an address that is recognized as being subscribed. You
can use this to determine whether to cc someone or just send email to
All of this is pretty experimental. I'll be monitoring the mailing
lists closely to make sure that I haven't screwed anything up.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html