RE: Third-party products that include Cygwin

At 05:24 PM 12/13/2003, Hannu E K Nevalainen you wrote:
> [...]

I'm a little confused by the intent of your "note" above.  If this is
directed at me, I replied to your message the way I always reply, with
you don't set your reply-to header.  If you prefer to get just one copy
of any reply (i.e. the one that goes to the list), set your reply-to
header to point to the list.  My email client will obey your stated
preference automatically.  Of course, if you were directing this comment
at someone else, then you can ignore the above.

>> I think both Chris, Rob, and others have pointed out gap in your setup
>> knowledge here.  'Nuff said.
>
> Thanks for not pushing it, this seems to be yet another time when I'm
>wrong - at least to some extent.

Well, no one knows everything. :-)

> Might I ask where this functionality of setup is documented?
>Not /u/s/d/cygwin-doc-1.3/html/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html as it seems.
>
>And please:
> source is *not* documentation, independently of how readable it is.

Sorry, no.  Not every piece of functionality is documented for Cygwin and
its setup program.  It has been discussed many times on the cygwin-apps
list.  Here's one message that lists out at least some command line options:

<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-03/msg00526.html>

So the email archives is the only place I know of that has this information
at this point, unless someone wants to look at the source (which you stated
you did not).  If you're interested, I'm sure Rob, Max, and others actively
involved in the development of setup would consider any patch you might want
to generate that moves this documentation into a more obvious/official spot.

Holliston, MA 01746