This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
can't use windows with GoBack?
- From: Lester Ingber <ingber at ingber dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:05:26 -0800
- Subject: can't use windows with GoBack?
- Reply-to: Lester Ingber <ingber at ingber dot com>
I just installed Symantec GoBack (to compensate for known problems with XP
Pro Systrem Restore). Most everything runs fine under Cygwin. However,
anything under XWin (including brining up XWin), runs unbearably slow,
about a factor of at least 100-1000 or more slower. The System just
consumes all CPU?
I just paid $30 to Symantec to hear that they do have some problems with
GoBack with some applications running much too slow to use. They're
"working in it."
By chance, has anyone else run into something similar and solved this
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html