Re: file permissions issues on creation with cygwin 1.5.5-1?

Yer I had a read though the history in the mailing lists similar
problems where mentioned but never any solutions that I could
find.

Double checking problems.html looks like the only thing I
missed is the cygcheck.out so I've attached.

Did a bit more testing and heres a quick one that I believe shows
the issue:

getfacl.exe games/
# file: games/
# owner: steven
# group: None
user::rwx
group::---
group:SYSTEM:rwx
group:Administrators:rwx
group:mpukgame:rwx
mask:rwx
other:---
default:user::---
default:group:SYSTEM:rwx
default:group:Administrators:rwx
default:mask:rwx
[root@eisenguard]/usr/local: cd games
[root@eisenguard]/usr/local/games: touch 1
[root@eisenguard]/usr/local/games: getfacl.exe 1
# file: 1
# owner: steven
# group: None
user::rw-
group::r--
mask:rwx
other:r--

As you can see the file 1 was created with out SYSTEM,
Administators group access where it is my belief that as
they are set as "default" they should be inherited by any
files created under them. This belief is enhanced by creating
another file through explorer -> new ( text doc )
which yields:
# file: 2
# owner: steven
# group: None
user::rwx
group::---
group:SYSTEM:rwx
group:Administrators:rwx
mask:rwx
other:---

As an aside to this issue this issue it might be helpful
to have the ablity to configure cygwin to set default
acl's on files i.e. add SYSTEM access as without it
major issues can occur. This however would be
strictly and ENH not a DR.

    Steve