This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe "Can't get list of download sites"
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Gene Ballard <list at wolfix dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:43:49 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: setup.exe "Can't get list of download sites"
- References: <PBEMKEODEJKEMPFKCLBFIEODLEAB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Gene Ballard wrote:
> Trying to install cygwin using setup.exe on a Win2K PC but get error
> "Can't get list of download sites. Make sure your network settings are
> correct and try again".
> I have disabled antivirus and firewalls.
> I use a cable modem with a Linksys router issues static ips to each pc.
> No problem connecting to anything else.
> I have searched the mail archives and google for help and found relative
> post but to no avail.
Can you retrieve <http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/mirrors.lst> using IE?
Did you try to select "Use IE5 Settings" in setup's "Connection" dialog?
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html