This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: configure error message
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: linda w <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 07:35:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: configure error message
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <3FD25517.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am Samstag, 6. Dezember 2003 um 23:15 schriebst du:
> I'm guessing I don't have something setup quite correctly. I'm trying
> to build the dictd package under cygwin.
There are problems with fork() in this code, I was not able to run
dictd as a daemon.
> it uses configure, but configure starts out with an error.
> checking host system type...
> Invalid configuration `i686-pc-cygwin': system `cygwin' not recognized
> Is this something I should fix before attempting to debug later
Try to update the autotools used in the package (config.sub,
> Seems, looking at files like 'config.sub', that it knows about
> i86, but not 686's....
> Strange. I've never written anything using config/autoconf, only
> compiled things...never seen this type of error before.
Maybe `autoreconf --install --force --verbose' works?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html