This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: test post: how2 prevent a cygwin post from being spam-blocked?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Tom Rodman <tmpForADay01 at trodman dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:27:09 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: test post: how2 prevent a cygwin post from being spam-blocked?
- References: <200312051921.hB5JLrm5021395@tigris.pounder.sol.net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Tom Rodman wrote:
> Yesterday (12/5/03) I posted a question 3 times to firstname.lastname@example.org.
> For two of these I was able to watch and verify that a redhat MTA
> accepted the mail. None of the posts shown yesterday, and no
> bounced e-mail was returned.
> What checks are done before a post is accepted, so I/we can adjust.
> Yesterday I used a procedure that had worked many times (weeks earlier).
> Tom Rodman
At a guess, you probably changed the From: address.
It's surprising that you got no bounce messages, though - usually ezmlm is
very good about sending those.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html